Friday, January 18, 2013

Swollen feet, snoring, and snorting...

Today marks the 36th week of my pregnancy, and while the last 36 weeks have seemed to fly right past me, on the other hand.. it's hard to remember a time when I wasn't pregnant.  So I thought I would take a minute to remember some of the weird symptoms that I never imagined would accompany a pregnancy, because I imagine once Brielle is here, I won't easily remember this time.  Who would have thought that this baby would kill so many of my brain cells.  So here I am, sitting on my couch, with a little set of feet jammed behind my rib cage, and my swollen feet and fat ankles up on the table while I type this first blog entry. 

There are some things I will miss so much about being pregnant, the kicks and nudges, and the cute hiccups that she seems to get more often than any human being should.  I'll miss being able to protect her 24-7, and I'll miss being able to feel her love, without having to hear her scream.  Of course there are things I won't miss.  Like the constant snoring... Sometimes happens so loud that I wake myself up, along with my husband, and probably neighbors.  I went to bed last night with ankles that looked like they must have belonged to an ogre... don't think I'll miss that.  Some days I feel like a pig, but what's even stranger is, sometimes I actually sound like one.. that's right friends, I have developed the most embarrassing and inconvenient SNORT!  I snort when I'm laughing, I snort when I'm crying, I snort when I take in a deep breath... what the heck! I'm hoping that's one of the symptoms that goes away, RIGHT away!

Well, I did intend to write more, but it has been a whole 4 and a half minutes since I last used the bathroom, and well.. my bladder is about to burst again! Until next time! =)

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! All of it just gets worse, even after sweet Brielle is here. I love snorting! And your dad snores & has no brain cells & he's never been pregnant! :) We love you! Keep up the posts, they're fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see a comment from you on here! Who knows, maybe one of these days you will find a minute or two to post on your blog also so we can keep up with you guys as well!

    ReplyDelete